Workday Integrations ManagerAlight Solutions
Workday Integration Manager
Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families! We want you to join our amazing new company with 25 years of industry experience. Be Real with Alight and help us re-imagine how people and organizations thrive.
The Workday Integration Manager manages team(s) responsible for ensuring timely execution of ongoing client deliverables and consulting with clients on services with great quality. Develops solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains or clients. For some roles, may have budget accountability, lead larger and complex projects or leads parts of the requirements process, participates in client sales meetings as Subject Matter Expert. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to, pay planning, performance management, coaching and development.
• Responsible for managing all stages of the project for the client, from ongoing support, client and internal consulting on solutions, requirements definition gathering to project planning and implementation.
• A major part of this position is to provide a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday project work.
• This person is also responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations from an integration perspective including resource planning and delivery of client and internal requests.
• This role will generally also have people management responsibilities.
• Manage and guide a team of individuals as well as to take on a lead role within any project in which they may serve as an active participant OR
• Become the lead Subject Matter Expert in a particular functional or technical area of Workday. In this role, they will provide thought leadership in the area both within Alight and the broader Workday ecosystem.
• Provide Integration Technology leadership to clients and direct resources
• Day to day support of clients and team members ( onsite and offshore)
• Responsible for Accurate Forecasting of Resources week over week and Utilization
• Onsite people management, performance management & succession planning
• Responsible for Accurate Forecasting of Resources week over week and Utilization, Validates resource planning
• Responsible for Comprehensive and Recurring staffing task fulfillment
• Execute Goals, Perf, Comp and Utilization bonus ownership for their team
• Campus Recruiting Support -Site visits and conducts interviews.
• Execute onboarding process.
• Financials - Tracking hours to ensure the team is booking their time to the right project codes.
• Monthly/Quarterly- reviews of hours with AM's to make sure we are tracking to the deal model, expected pool burn, estimates to actuals.
• Operating System Management/Compliance
• “Integrations Analysis” and Pareto Management execution; follow up on action items.
• Provides on-call support for escalated issues where necessary
• Ensure the team adheres to all Process and procedures
• Understands other Alight Solutions and technologies and how they interact with Workday, i.e. EFTs, Move IT, TBA, Portal, etc.
• Leads design and review sessions/workshops with technical and functional resources at all levels, including members of management.
• Understands the scope and details of project plan and is able to identify and communicate the need for resources for tasks or assigned areas of responsibility.
• Monitors and manages prioritization and progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to leadership on project issues.
• Establishes and maintains client relationships. Communicates client feedback to leadership as appropriate.
• Suggests, implements and owns improvements and proactively addresses issues. Answers all inquiries in a timely basis.
• Demonstrates knowledge about the technology and participates in training and development initiatives to keep abreast of current trends and practices.
• Understands quality standards for own work and monitors and manages work of team members, providing feedback as appropriate.
• May provide guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to other team members as an Alight People Manager.
• Grows talent through feedback, training and work experience; identifying strengths and improvements and using those as teachable moments allowing more junior colleagues to grow quickly.
• Influences a diverse team of resources in both experience and location. Expect to be able to manage a virtual team across the globe, ie US, Poland, India, etc.
• Primary point of contact/liaison for the AMS Account Manager. Partners with AMS Account Manager on ROMs, CR estimates and project status.
• Escalation point for Sev1/Sev 2 related issues. Ensures escalation and communication protocols are followed for critical integration failures or delays.
• Ensure Workday Community alerts are reviewed for possible impacts to client integrations and communicates impact accordingly.
• Provides domain and client group status to senior managers.
• Collaborates with configuration and other AMS leads to build the AMS community, understanding POVs, building talent/skills.
• Supplements other integration roles where additional capacity or expertise is needed
• Works with release manager to drive Workday release management process
• Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
• Able to develop conclusions from analyses and apply results to the organization’s business operations.
• Manages across a diverse group of colleagues in a virtual and global setting.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Able to adapt broader policies & programs to meet the organizations business needs. Utilizes domain subject matter experience to solve problems and influence design options.
• Possesses very advanced analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities
• Decisions normally have impact on the functional area and on clients and/or other parts of the company.
• Decisions are typically guided by functional practices, management precedents and professional standards.
• Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
• Uses knowledge to provide consultative advice internally and externally and recommendations within specific functional areas.
• Builds productive working relationships with peers and higher level professionals internally and externally to exchange information and make recommendations.
• Uses knowledge to provide consultative advice and recommendations within specific functional areas
• Operates independently and with initiative according to established standards and principles.
• Manage, supervise or provide support, guidance and training to others.
• Requires the ability to work independently with general instruction and the ability to prioritize and organize work.
• Provides guidance and training to junior team members.
Role-specific Technical Skills and Knowledge
• Typically possess demonstrable business experience (or equivalent), as well as in-depth knowledge of a functional area.
• Prioritizes and multi-tasks, responding with a sense of urgency to immediate needs.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and mission of the organization.
• Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others and their roles on the team. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from other team members as appropriate.
• Represents the company and department in a positive and professional manner.
• Embraces entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to improve the organization.
• Exchanges information with appropriate people to complete work, follows through on tasks and commitments and keep information confidential, as warranted. Demonstrates strong work ethics.
• Shares personal work experiences with co-workers in an effort to coach and develop the team.
• Possesses strong facilitation/presentation skills.
• Ability to recognize personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths, taking appropriate action to pursue developmental activities to strengthen skills and experience.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Mentors others in area of specialization to improve skills.
• Assists with resource alignment and sharing when staffing projects to ensure client needs are met
• Understands, champions, and contributes Alight's Point of View in specialized area. Champions with team and clients.
• Is an expert in a given functional or technical domain
Education & Certification
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent in technical, business or financial disciplines. Additional disciplines will be considered as well.
• Workday Integrations Certified
• Workday Studio Certification
• Workday Report/Prism Certification
• Previous program/project management experience required.
• Experience implementing/supporting Workday, Peoplesoft, Oracle, other SaaS based applications or similar is preferred.
• Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organization.
• Previous analyst experience, technical or functional, expected.
• Previous development experience and understanding of the different phases of development lifecycle expected.
• Familiarity or prior work experience with object oriented programming, API’s, XML rendering, XLT’s, webservices.
• 10+ years of experience in one or more technologies\
• 3+ years of experience in Workday Integrations developing EIBs, Core Connectors, Studio, Reports, etc
• Ability and willingness to travel to client sites on average