Sign Installers are responsible for physical transport, installation and removal of interior and exterior signs and graphics; sign assembly; and customer relations.
SIGN INSTALLATION, REMOVAL and ASSEMBLY
- Work independently or as part of a team to install all types of indoor and outdoor signage per work order specifications.
- Must be mechanically inclined and handy. Must be proficient with the function and safe operation of hand and power tools and digging equipment
- Possess a working knowledge of hardware (sizes, grades, uses) and anchors.
- Hand mixing cement and pouring small cement footings for permanent signs.
- Able to read and use a tape measure (Add and subtract inches, including fractions)
- Safely operate company vehicles and trucks, including lift trucks and open and enclosed trailers
- Comfortable with heights (ladder and bucket truck work) or in confined spaces.
- Prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Assists in Quality Control – confirms signage conforms to work order specifications, photograph and distribute images of signage
- Safely loads and transports signage to destination
- Properly prepares worksite by removing unwanted signage, preparing mounting surfaces, and ensuring all electrical sources are in order (if applicable). Leaves installation sites clean.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures
- Comfortable and professional in working with clients onsite and be able to problem-solve as issues arise.
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Respectful and polite
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Stay current with trends and technologies, products and services
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with peers
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Honest and reliable
- Willing and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to read and follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customers
- Holds a current/valid NC Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Ability to work overtime, as needed, including overnight travel.
- Be able to work weekends occasionally as needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds
- Ability to tow and back a trailer of any length/width safely
- Experience in sign manufacturing and installations of all types (interior and exterior)
- Experience on Aerial Work Platforms (or basket lifting equipment) at various heights.
- Experience with graphic and/or ADA sign installations.
- Hand and post hole digging experience
- Electrical background a plus
- Ability to read architectural drawings and site plans
Pay will be based on experience.