Machine Operators and PackersAVGOL
Machine Operators - Packers
AVGOL Nonwovens in Mocksville is currently hiring for Machine Operators and Packers.
Hours: 12-hour shifts
Location: Mocksville, NC
Machine Operator Job Duties:
- Receive information from line operators
- Check work orders to confirm product
- Analyze information by inspecting and making adjustments
- Verify machine set-up
- Visually check that machine is operating properly
- Repair any defective part, e.i., knives, air hoses, etc., troubleshooting as needed
- Conduct quality checks
- Quality - Ensures quality by continually watching for any abnormality and reporting it timely
- Safety - follows company procedures and uses material and equipment per manufacturers' directions
- Other duties as assigned
Packer Job Duties:
- Receive product from Slitter to prepare for transfer to the warehouse.
- Collect sample from first shift for lab to check for quality
- Measure width and diameter
- Inform slitter operator if off-spec
- Cut and tape end of roll
- Remove edge trim and drop on the floor
- Move shaft to the packing table
- Remove spacers and inspect for damage
- Attach proper core labels
- Select number of rolls, attach edge protection, end caps, and bundle with stretch wrap using slip sheet to protect hygiene of the product
- Push bundle to turnover table
- Inspect for debris throughout the entire process
- Assist with pulling melt blown and spun bond when needed
- Quality - Ensures quality by continually watching for any abnormality and reporting it
- Safety - follows all company procedures and uses material and equipment per manufacturers' directions
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work any shift
The employee must have either a High School Diploma, (or a GED). Additionally, he/she must possess good problem-solving skills, basic math skills, along with good interpersonal skills. Working harmoniously with co-workers while exhibiting a "can-do" attitude is critical to success. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a somewhat frequent basis.
Work areas are a manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled year-round with noise levels ranging from moderate to loud requiring hearing protection and steel-toed shoes.
Must be able to work any shift: 8pm-8am or 8am-8pm and stand on feet most of the shift
Excellent health, dental, vision, Short term disability, long term disability, Life insurance, including 401K with company match.
Avgol provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
Since 1988, Avgol™ has led the global hygiene market with the most comprehensive range of ultra-lightweight spun-melt non-woven fabrics.
Serving the baby diaper, adult incontinence and feminine hygiene markets, we are passionate about quality and service and contributing to the life and well being of hundreds of millions of babies, mothers and senior citizens around the globe.