AVGOL Nonwovens is currently hiring for a maintenance technician with an electrical background
Hours: 12-hour shifts
Location: Mocksville, NC
Position Description: Repair and maintain machinery and equipment such as conveyors, wrappers, hydraulic/pneumatic systems, electric motors, gearboxes, extruders, controls, and PLC equipment.
- Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated ability to operate, troubleshoot, repair, and conduct PM's on all mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment.
- Ensure compliance with Lockout / Tag-out requirements and all applicable safety requirements
- Troubleshoot, repair and conduct PM's on mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work on system peripherals of PLC controls.
- Conducts daily walk-through of facility noting deficiencies and initiating corrective action.
- Uses computers to document maintenance and PM actions, parts usage in the CMMS.
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the facility.
- Operates powered lifting equipment, in support of the maintenance functions.
- Analyze, understand and apply equipment knowledge to process improvements.
- Ability to train others in mechanical, electrical and facility-level roles.
- High School Diploma, Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years or more related experience and/or technical, mechanical or electrical training.
- Ability to work variable shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation.
- Ability to use mathematics skills to perform simple calculations in a work environment.
- Ability to analyze a variety of systemic problems and based on the analysis, recommend and take the proper course of action.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, sit, climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to work heights of 40 ft. or more, ability to lift and/or move up to 75lbs.
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Plan
Our goal at Avgol Nonwovens is to build talent and provide our employees with the opportunity and support for a successful professional life. We believe we are catalysts to change, changing business, changing lives and we pride ourselves on this principle.
Avgol America, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.