Admissions RepresentativeCaldwell Community College
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Provides information about educational programming options available at CCC&TI. Assists students through the college admissions process, including the evaluation of transfer credit. Also assists with college recruiting and retention efforts.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday - one evening per week
Examples of Duties
Essential and other responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as a primary contact for admissions information. Maintain a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the academic programs of the college while communicating that understanding to faculty, staff, and students as needed to execute and improve the quality of institutional admissions processes.
- Develop and implement follow-up processes with prospective students.
- Evaluate transcripts to determine if transfer credit should be awarded. Also, evaluate score reports for AP, CLEP and DANTES to determine possible credit.
- Coordinate campus visits and assist with the institutional recruiting.
- Provide placement test interpretations to students.
- Participate in registration.
- Participate in campus orientation efforts.
- Assist in the graduation process verifying graduation requirements.
- Assist with international student admissions processes.
- Recommend necessary changes to the admissions sections of the college catalog and the Student Services Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Assist in the development and implementation of retention efforts through the notification of students, advisors, and vice presidents of early alerts using the AVISO retention management system.
- Assist with the development of institutional admissions materials in conjunction with Marketing and Communications.
- Provide information and data to complete the local, state, and federal reports as required.
- Provide evening coverage as assigned.
- Assist in graduations.
- Participates in professional development activities and required employee training.
- Represent the Student Services department at campus committee meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. The President or appropriate supervisory personnel may assign additional duties. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title with or without notice.
Qualifications and Working Conditions
Community college philosophy.
Operation and use of computer equipment and related software including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment.
Business letter writing and basic report preparation.
Principles and procedures of record keeping.
English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Plan, organize, and coordinate workflows.
Maintain and update computer records, files and other documents.
Compile information and prepare computer-generated reports.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other departments.
Provide a friendly and welcoming environment.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
Experience and Training
Minimum one year of prior higher education experience in admissions, enrollment, or registration required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human services, education, or a related field required.
CLOSING DATE: OCTOBER 14, 2018 Follow the on-line application procedure. During the online application process, copies of your educational transcripts for all degrees and a current resume must be attached. All materials must be submitted by the closing date. Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute, Hudson, NC. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V