Cement Terminal AttendantCEMEX
Cement Terminal Attendant - $18 per hour, full-time, company benefits available the first of the month following 60 days. CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
We are looking for mechanically inclined distribution/logistics operators with a High School diploma or General Education Degree, and the ability to work early hour or variable shifts at our terminal in Charlotte, NC. Any experience loading rail cars is a plus. Medical/Dental/401K + Paid Time Off.
- Performs operation functions to assure a safe and an efficient operation of the terminal
- Operate the barge unloading unit to unload bulk cement from the barges into the silos. Assist trucks with unloading into the silos when applicable
- Maintain terminal equipment
- Work includes manual labor with necessary tools as assigned
- Responsible for all labor, operations and technical duties in connection with the operations and maintenance of the terminal
- Responsible for special projects and requests as needed
- Perform clean-up work and housekeeping assignments
- Performs all work in a safe manner
- Maintain terminal’s Quality Control Program and Environmental Program.
- Digging, excavating, trenching, and backfilling
- Adhere to all CEMEX and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- High School Diploma preferred
- Bilingual a plus
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
Cemex es una institució n EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acció n afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientació n sexual, infomació n genética, identidad de género, o expresió n de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.