Diesel MechanicCharlotte Area Transit System
Diesel Mechanic - Immediate Opening
Charlotte Area Transit System’s (CATS) Bus Operations Division has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic.
Mechanics perform functional repair and preventive maintenance on transit buses. Previous experience in repair of auto, buses, trucks or other heavy equipment OR graduates of Auto/ Diesel Repair Technology Diploma Program preferred.
Must be able to acquire and maintain valid NC or SC CDL with Passenger Endorsement. Hand tools / rolling box required. $26.02 per hour to start with excellent benefits package.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the methods, tools and materials used in maintaining and repairing automotive and related equipment.
- Understanding of electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Commitment to life-long learning to keep pace with new technology.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Works in an organized, clean and safe manner.
- Understands the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade, and the ability to exercise adequate safety precautions against such hazards.
- Skilled in the use and care of tools, equipment, and materials used in all types of automotive repair work.
- Ability to diagnose defects in automotive equipment and to perform complex mechanical repairs independently.
- Analyze, evaluate and effectively write diagnosis and recommendation of work to be performed in order to complete work orders.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to troubleshoot mobile communications equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to operate technical and computer test equipment.
To email your resume select the "Apply Button" or apply in person or send resume to: Transit Management
of Charlotte. Attn. HR Dept. 3145 S. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28217.
Charlotte Area Transit System is committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.