Specialty medical practice is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our team. This is a Part-Time position located in our Huntersville office.
This position will be responsible for invoice and credit card statement reconciliation, processing check requests and refund check requests, handling check disbursements and assisting with payroll.
• Processes check requests, matching invoice to purchase order and receiving reports.
• Batches invoices and runs control totals on amounts and account numbers.
• Checks invoices for correct account numbers and dollar amounts.
• Selects accounts payable invoices for payment based on clinic policies and processes cash disbursements.
• Generates checks and updates accounts payable database accordingly.
• Answers payment inquiries and processes associated correspondence.
• Participates in educational activities.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality.
• Other general office duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities): The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position including but not limited to:
• Knowledge of accounts payable practices and medical office procedures.
• Knowledge of coding and clinic policies on accounts payable.
• Knowledge of accounting software Quick Books Enterprise.
• Skill in general office procedures, data entry/ten key, telephone etiquette, excellent customer service.
• Good oral and written communication.
• Skill in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating data.
• Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.• Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
• Ability to work effectively with co-workers as a team member.