Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology is looking for a certified full-time Histotechnologist to join our fast-paced laboratory in Charlotte. The right candidate should be reliable, conscientious, have strong organizational skills, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. In this position you will be responsible for all aspects of the histology lab in helping to prepare tissue biopsy specimens for microscopic examination by a pathologist for the diagnosis of disease processes in the human body.
Sign-on Bonus of $5,000 offered!
- Accessioning/labeling, grossing, processing, embedding/microtomy, coverslipping/labeling glass slides, routine H&E staining and special staining (if required) of tissue biopsies. The ability to perform immunohistochemical stains will likely be required in the future.
- Label, file, discard and maintain records of tissue biopsy samples/specimen containers, tissue paraffin-embedded blocks and glass slides
- Input and process information in the anatomic pathology laboratory information system software, including knowledge in anatomic billing coding
- Manual dexterity and superb hand and eye coordination
- Ability to microscopically identify tissue structures and their appropriate H&E staining qualities for daily quality control
- Perform, monitor, assess and document all required daily quality controls
- Exceptional listening skills, interpersonal communication skills and ability to problem solve day to day histology related issues
- Ability to work independently
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures of CGH and regulatory agencies (OSHA, CLIA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Associate degree in an applied science or graduate of a certified Histology program or equivalent required. Histologist (HT) or Histotechnologist (HTL) certified by ASCP (American Society for Clinical Pathology) is required.
EXPERIENCE: 3 years (preferred) of relevant histology experience including accessioning/labeling, grossing, processing, microtomy, coverslipping and staining (H&E and special stains). Experience grossing tissue biopsy specimens is required. At least some experience performing immunohistochemical stains is also preferred. Peer references that can attest to the team member’s competency in a similar work setting, in addition to his/her character, will be required.
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
• Employee health, dental, vision insurance, life & disability insurance
• 401K and Profit-Sharing Plan
• Sign-on Bonus