If you are looking to put your IV skills and nursing experience to use and join a team that provides quality care and service, look no further. Charlotte Gastroenterology and Hepatology is seeking a talented Infusion Nurse to work in our Huntersville, Charlotte and Ballantyne locations. Our purpose and passion is to provide the most advanced treatment where patients will be cared for in a relaxing setting. Qualified candidates are required to have strong IV nursing experience.
Charlotte Gastroenterology and Hepatology is known for its’ extensive benefit package which includes:
- Signing Bonus
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Employee health, dental, vision insurance, life & disability insurance
- 401K and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Prepare paperwork prior to patient arrival – consents and discharge instructions
- Call patients for next day to remind of appointment.
- Communicate with staff and MDs as needed on individual patients – check notes on each patient since last infusion for any changes.
- Admit and prepare patients for treatments, including obtaining medical history, performing assessment, preparation of drugs, documentation of infusion, clean up, charting.
- Explain procedures and expected sensations to patient and provide instructions to ensure patient cooperation and minimize discomfort.
- Work with other staff to prepare rooms, equipment, and supplies to accommodate patient load.
- Administer medications as directed by the physician under the guidelines of the North Carolina State Board of Nursing.
- Monitor patient's status during and after infusion
- Discharge patients from clinic when discharge criteria have been met.
- Clean, disinfect, and/or sterilize instruments and equipment following appropriate standards and guidelines between patients and at end of day
- Maintain drug supply – order when needed, log the meds in and reconcile at end of day.
- Check defibrillator on daily basis and code cart monthly when working in that area.
- Communicate with Billing department with any insurance or assistance program needs.
- Maintain schedule for patients.
EDUCATION: Graduate from accredited school of Nursing.
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of acute care or endoscopy experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: Current North Carolina RN licensure, current BLS, ACLS certification required.