Insurance Billing SpecialistCharlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Charlotte, NC, is seeking an
experienced Insurance Billing Specialist.
1. Read and understand Explanation of Benefits from various insurance companies.
2. Follow-up with insurance companies and ensure claims are paid. Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response.
Appeal denials, if applicable.
3. Verify and work credit balances, refunds.
4. Post payments and/or charges as needed.
5. Proof, post and file batches. Proof and post electronic batches .
6. Obtain insurance pre-certifications, authorizations, and referrals on required office visits, procedures, and hospital charges.
7. Key authorizations, referrals, and benefits into the NextGen System using the Authorization Tracking Module.
8. Answer patient billing inquiries.
9. Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service.
10. Collects and enters patient insurance/demographic information in the computer system.
11. Compile reports, maintain A/R data, balance postings each day, file batches, and other duties as assigned.
12. Provide good customer service.
13. Deal effectively with returned check situations.
14. Understand bankruptcy laws as they pertain to the Billing Office.
15. Prepare and mail paper claims. Prepare and transmit electronic claims.
16. Scan EOBs, etc
17. Keep current with healthcare trends and practices.
18. Ensures that office supplies and equipment are maintained appropriately.
The position is full-time with excellent pay and benefits.
Please fax resume to 704-805-4182 or email email@example.com