Insurance / Billing Specialist
Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology Charlotte, NC Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on July 14, 2022
Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Charlotte, NC, is seeking an
experienced Insurance Billing Specialist.
- Read and understand Explanation of Benefits from various insurance companies.
- Follow-up with insurance companies and ensure claims are paid. Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response. Appeal denials, if applicable.
- Verify and work credit balances, refunds.
- Post payments and/or charges as needed.
- Proof, post and file batches. Proof and post electronic batches.
- Obtain insurance pre-certifications, authorizations, and referrals on required office visits, procedures, and hospital charges.
- Key authorizations, referrals, and benefits into the NextGen System using the Authorization Tracking Module.
- Answer patient billing inquiries.
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service.
- Collects and enters patient insurance/demographic information in the computer system.
- Compile reports, maintain A/R data, balance postings each day, file batches, and other duties as assigned.
- Provide good customer service.
- Deal effectively with returned check situations.
- Understand bankruptcy laws as they pertain to the Billing Office.
- Prepare and mail paper claims. Prepare and transmit electronic claims.
- Scan EOBs, etc
- Keep current with healthcare trends and practices.
- Ensures that office supplies and equipment are maintained appropriately.
- The position is full-time with excellent pay and benefits.