Child Development and Education ManagerChild Care Resources Inc.
CCRI Early Head Start – Child Care Partnership
Child Development and Education Manager
Reports to: CCRI EHS-CCP Director
Plans, implements and supervises the education and child development component for CCRI Early Head Start – Child Care Partnership; monitors, supports and evaluates the education and child development component; Develops and implements a training plan that provides on-going child development and early childhood training for staff and parents and complies with all performance standards and local, state and federal regulations related to the education and child development component.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive education and child development plan that incorporates theories and principles of child and adult education and developmentally appropriate practices.
- Supports Center Directors in the implementation and evaluation of the education and child development plan to ensure the program is meeting the Performance Standards.
- Develops a plan to train staff on age and developmentally appropriate environments, child development theories, curriculum, materials and equipment for all classrooms and centers including playgrounds.
- Supervises the Education Specialists.
- Plans and coordinates with staff comprehensive pre-service and in-service training activities.
- Provides guidance to Center Directors on staff administrative and management issues.
- Monitors and consults with Center Directors to ensure centers meet agency and regulatory standards.
- Evaluates classroom environments and activities through frequent periodic informal observations and provides feedback for improvement to Center Directors, and teaching staff.
- Plans and implements activities that support parents in becoming their child’s advocate as they transition from Early Head Start to Head Start or other educational settings.
- Facilitates the Developmental Assessment Process and interprets according to Head Start’s Child Outcomes requirements.
- Works with Disabilities Services in the transition of children to and from the program.
- Works with Family and Community Partnerships Manager to plan and implement parent training.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Talking, sitting, bending, standing, lifting up to 25 pounds, walking, driving, moving small furniture, kneeling, computer keying and filing.
Required Education and Experience
Education/Formal training: Requires a BA/BS degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field and is eligible for or holds a minimum of a Level 11 Early Childhood Certification. Work Experience: Five (5) years of education and experience in an infant toddler setting. Early Head Start and supervisory experience preferred.
Skills: Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlooks. Good oral and written communication skills; good organizational skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Physical, negative TB test, DCDEE and CCRI background check clearance; valid driver’s license and insurance.
This full-time position is located at Child Care Reources Inc, 4600 Park Rd #400, Charlotte NC 28209
To apply, please visit : http://www.childcareresourcesinc.org/our-team/
The position will be on our Career Center and open until it is filled.