Assistant Facility ManagerChildress Klein
While Childress Klein exists to develop high-quality, profitable real estate projects and provides the most competent and professional property management possible, we believe that our success is derived from the success of our employees. That's why we provide them the tools and training to further develop their skills, open work environments that help stimulate an ongoing exchange of ideas and the opportunity to be fulfilled both personally and professionally.
As part of our commitment to our employees, Childress Klein provides an exciting Wellness Program with quarterly activities, incentives and rewards. We also believe in "giving back" to the community where we live and work and encourage employee participation in company-sponsored voluntary activities.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
- Time off includes Earned Time Off
- ETO" days plus 9 Holidays annually
- Tuition Reimbursement Program available for eligible employees to continue job-related training and education
- Employer subsidized YMCA membership
- 401(k) plan with 3.5% match
- Great medical PPO plan with co-pays
- Dental plan benefits include preventive care paid at 100% and most other dental services paid at 80%, after the deductible, to an annual maximum of $1250 per covered individual
- Flexible spending plan available to set aside pre-tax dollars for dependent care and medical spending
- Company paid life insurance and disability insurance
- Supplemental vision, life and disability insurance available
- Company-provided mobile devices for employees in positions requiring flexibility
As a candidate for employment with Childress Klein, you are required to undergo confidential pre-employment drug and background screenings.
The Assistant Facility Manager will assist in the management and supervision of facility management services for several Class-A commercial office buildings. The main areas of responsibility include oversight and support of third party service vendors providing commercial facility management services, project and construction management, financial/accounting management and direct and indirect tenant support.
The primary duties of this position include the following:
- Assist in oversight of the building’s janitorial, elevator, stone/metal/wood, landscaping, and pest control services.
- Coordinate and ensure all contractor access work requests are in compliance with building security and facility management requirements.
- Help to develop expense and capital project cost projections, project related reports and documentation of drawings, permits, and certificates of occupancy.
- Contribute to the selection process of architects, contractors, and supply vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating budgets, variance and forecasting documentation.
- Participate in the accounts payable/receivable processes to include electronic workflow submittals and approvals.
- Proactively manage properties in such a way as to minimize tenant complaints and work to resolve complaints and service requests as quickly as possible.
- Participate in tenant relation activities and building events as needed.
- Respond to building emergencies and needs of the tenants and properties during and after normal business hours.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, one or more years of professional experience, preferably in a commercial real estate management setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification in an industry specific organization is preferred.
High degree of proficiency in computer technology and applications typically used in real estate management such as Microsoft SharePoint and Office Suite, accounting software, work order systems, and other technology tools.
Solid grasp of financial and mathematical practices commonly deployed in the real estate industry such as budgeting, variance reporting, capitalization, area calculations, and other mathematical concepts involving addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical data, financial reports, drawings and legal documents; effectively communicate with and present information to clients, tenants, and partners.
Demonstrable customer service skills, organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail, and initiative.
Ability to present a professional and positive image at all times, encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
Valid driver’s license required to travel to off-site meetings, assigned buildings in the portfolio, and to respond to building emergencies during and after normal business hours.