Transportation ManagerCircle S Ranch
Charlotte, NC Full-time
Posted on September 28, 2018
This Manager is responsible for supervising transportation personnel, scheduling drivers and contract haulers, directing distribution activities, resolving issues, and ensuring all safety, FMCSA, & DOT compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage department personnel including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develops and maintains driver's & contract drivers daily work schedule.
- Oversees drivers and resolve any issues or complaints.
- Collaborate with customer service and sales representatives to ensure high levels of productivity and service.
- Research the most cost productive routes for deliveries.
- Monitor overtime compared to routes.
- Monitor Driver logging reports.
- Ensure compliance with budgetary needs.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Monitors compliance and safety to reduces loss due to violations . Including Accident Investigations, Clean ups, & Reporting.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy with commitment to customer service and meeting deadlines.
- Strong understanding of effective routing and transportation cost savings measures.
- Should possess good computer skills including MS Office Suite and knowledge of routing and scheduling software. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess knowledge of driver safety, FMCSA regulations and DOT compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Ability to motivate and develop employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in transportation management or related role with a minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Agricultural industry experience helpful
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to travel and will be exposed to normal driving conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.