Civil Engineer IICity of Greenville
The City of Greenville is accepting applications for the following position:
Civil Engineer II - Land Development - This position is to provide professional engineering and administrative support with regards to design, development, and coordination of construction projects and provide technical and administrative support for infrastructure and right-of-way projects. This is accomplished by reviewing development plans, designing small scale capital improvement projects, updating standard contract documents, assisting the City Engineer with policy making and administration of the Engineering Division, preparing engineering designs, reports, specifications, and estimates for projects, serving on boards and commissions, and managing staff.
Starting Salary depends on qualifications and experience - Full Salary Range: $66,310.40 - $99,424.00
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an ABET accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Civil Engineering and
- Five years of relevant civil engineering and land development management experience, preferably with a municipality and
- At least two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- The practical application of engineering science and technology.
- The design, development and construction of public works projects.
- Design techniques, tools and principles including the use of blueprints and drafts.
- Materials, methods and the tools involved in construction and repair of civil structures.
- Civil land surveying.
- Applicable state and federal laws.
- Mathematics and their applications.
- Relevant equipment use, policy, design and procedure to promote a safe and secure work environment.
- Field work, drafting engineering design and inspections.
This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time without notice.
The City of Greenville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.