Planner II (CD/Planning)City of Greenville
The City of Greenville invites applications for the following position:
Planner II (CD/Planning) - The purpose of this position is to provide advanced technical assistance and analysis related to City planning initiatives and land development applications. This is accomplished by accepting and processing various land development applications; preparing plans, reports, studies, and analyses pertaining to current and long-range planning concerns; collecting and maintaining current planning and long-range planning data; assisting the general public; and providing staff support to various boards, commissions and the City Council, as needed. This position is supervised by the Chief Planner.
Hiring salary range: $48,713.60-$60,902.40, depending on qualifications:
Full salary range - $48,713.60-$73,091.20
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in urban planning, public administration or a related field.
- Over three years of experience in urban planning.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- principles and practices of urban planning, including socioeconomic implications of planning, and thorough knowledge of the City's subdivision and development program and principles and practices of historic preservation
- land use concepts, population density, and annexation problems.
- quantitative methods and research techniques; good understanding of the municipal government framework.
- best practices of economic development tools, historic preservation, transportation plans, and transit-oriented development (TOD).
This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time without notice.
The City of Greenville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.