Server/Security Analyst (Charlotte - NC)City of Greenville
City of Greenville invites applications for the position of: Server/Security Analyst
Under limited supervision, plans, designs, installs, manages and optimizes enterprise servers and related components to achieve and maintain consistent high performance, maximum availability, and reliability of the City's various client/server business applications, systems, and data/information in a 24/7 environment. Configures, implements, and develops processes and procedures for ongoing management of the complex server environment and associated security measures.
Hiring Salary Range - $64,937.60 - 81,161.60, depending on qualifications.
Full Salary Range - $64,937.60 - $97,385.60
FLSA Status - Exempt. This is a continuous recruitment and open until filled.
Examples Of Duties:
• Responsible for server management and quality assurance with respect to tuning, performance monitoring, hardware and software maintenance, and capacity planning.
• Manages the Windows server environment and ensures that service level commitments are met, data is stored efficiently on the network, and critical data is maintained in backup cycles.
• Implements, updates, and maintains security for all server and data environments.
• Complies with HIPAA, PCI, CJIS and other applicable regulations.
• Manages Active Directory security concepts.
• Proposes, designs, and implements technical solutions to complex and varied problems.
• Manages and maintains Windows print servers and queues.
• Manages user relationships and services.
• Provides guidance on enterprise server related projects and issues.
• Supports all Windows Server based systems including test, development, and production.
• Assists the Application team in best practices for leveraging the environment for their server needs.
• Provides after hours support for the entire infrastructure environment.
• Designs and implements scalable server solutions that provide a secure, highly-available, flexible server environment in support of mission critical business applications.
• Manages and supports the VMware environment, EMC storage, and other storage environments.
• Monitors, manages, and supports server systems and infrastructure utilizing relevant support tools and keeping the server environment up-to-date with patches, updates, etc.
• Develops policies and procedures for all items related to the server environment.
• Manages the data backup and recovery environments, keeps disaster recovery environments and procedures up-to-date, and performs methodical tests of the backup and DR environments on a recurring schedule.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Decision Science, Information Systems Management, or related field; and
• Over five years of directly related experience, including advanced server systems experience working in a complex Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016 environment.
• MS Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, MS SharePoint 2010, MS Exchange 2010, MS SQL 2008/2012/2016, MS Lync/Skype Communications Server, Server Virtualization – VMWare, MS System Center, Citrix /XenApp 6, SAN/NAS Technology, HP Server Hardware and maintenance tools, Cisco UCS, Microsoft Cluster Services, IIS, Powershell scripting for task automation, backup to tape and disk, network security.
• MCSE; VCP (VMware Certified Professional); and Citrix certifications.
• Security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CCSE, CEH.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• VMware ESXi Server, including design, implementation and administration;
• SQL and/or other database design;
• Backup/disaster recovery best practices with preferred experience with EMC Networker and Data Domain Backup products;
• Patch management and performance tools; • SCCM;
• Project management methodology;
• Current mainstream computing systems as well as future computing architectures;
• Security standards, processes, and procedures in securing the complete server technology environment;
• Network security, Internet architecture, routing, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Domain Name System (DNS), firewalls, load balancing, connectivity, and scalability.
• Configuring and managing virtualized server environments.
• Design and implement enterprise level computer systems infrastructures;
• Read and understand a variety of complex technical manuals;
• Analyze, problem-solve, and prioritize;
• Communicate effectively with users in defining their needs and essential requirements;
• Work cooperatively with other employees, consultants, and vendors to manage relationships and maintain technology standards.