Senior Planner (CD Housing)City of Greenville, NC
SENIOR PLANNER (CD HOUSING)
The City of Greenville invites applications for the position of Senior Planner (CD Housing)
The purpose of this position is to implement and oversee housing programs administered by the City of Greenville. This is accomplished by preparing plans, administering budgets, preparing required reports, assigning work tasks, supervising staff, completing research, fostering relationships and partnerships with non-profit organizations, and ensuring that programs are carried out in compliance with granting agencies.
Examples of Duties
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in Community Development strategies and priorities; prioritize resource requirements, coordinate operations, and assure that programs meet the City goals.
- Plan and manage the division's budget preparation, implementation, and revenue forecasts.
- Oversee and monitor the City's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnership annual allocation.
- Manage requests for proposals and the subsequent interviews, contract, studies, design, and construction documents.
- Facilitate acquisitions, feasibility studies, design/construction, development finances, and marketing for construction projects.
- Manage several simultaneous projects pertaining to neighborhood redevelopment and preservation.
- Coordinate all environmental assessments and impact statements; while ensuring their compliance with NEPA.
- Manage and direct all Integrated Disbursement and Information
- Systems (IDIS) functions within the division.
- Negotiate and acquire property with local bond funds and Community Development Block Grant funds to provide commercial-ready sites.
- Provide assistance in marketing the City of Greenville at conferences, on the radio, and via electronic media.
- Coordinate with local, regional, and state partners on projects and programs.
- Supervise a division and serve as their liaison to senior administration.
- Present information to elected officials and City administrators both orally and in written documents.
- Oversee all compliance and monitoring efforts that pertain to federal guidelines.
- Ensure effective communication of Community Development issues; coordinate with citizen groups, advisory boards, and commissions; develop cooperative professional relationships with local developers, realtors and contractors.
- Oversee the training and development of division personnel
- Perform annual performance evaluations.
- Address all performance and conduct issues on a day-to-day basis.
- Prepare both the Annual Action Plan and Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Maintain day-to-day contact with the City's Financial Services
- Department to ensure proper drawdowns of Federal funds.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the local HUD representative, the HUD field office, and headquarters.
- Manage spending deadlines for each grant and ensure that all projects and activities are eligible under federal guidelines.
Hiring Salary Range: $58,864.00 - $73,611.20, depending on qualifications.
Full Salary Range: $58,864.00 - $88,316.80
Applications may be obtained and filed online
The City of Greenville is and Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer