Risk ManagerCity of Salisbury
The City is seeking motivated candidates who will plan, coordinate and administer various risk management programs including employee safety, worker's compensation and property and casualty claims.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- use resources to identify and assess risk and work to prevent accident occurrences through education and safety training;
- conduct inspections and internal audits on occupational health and safety conditions;
- inspect work areas for compliance with laws and City policies;
- review all insurance claims for reporting to insurance providers;
- oversee accident investigation process and procedures;
- serve as the City ADA Coordinator and issue monthly safety reports;
- lead the City safety committee made up of employees; identify loss trends and develop corrective action plans to mitigate liability exposures and complete annual OSHA reports.
Join the City of Salisbury for a rich benefit plan and the opportunity to work with a fast paced team that aims to exemplify the City's values by showing purpose, passion and priority.
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in industrial engineering, industrial safety, or related field and moderate experience in industrial safety with an emphasis on analytical skills or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid NC Driver's License
- Thorough knowledge of laws relating to liability and insurance and OSHA regulations & safety standards
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data to identify trends and develop recommendations to minimize exposures
- Ability to develop training programs and present to a diverse staff
- Prefer ARM, RMPE, CSP, MESH or other insurance and safety related designations
Flexible to respond to after-hours calls
Closing Date: April 6, 2018
First Review of Applications: March 23, 2018
Pay range: $48,156.38 - $70,000.00 depends on experience (DOE)