Computer-Integrated MachiningCleveland Community College
Computer Integrated Machining 9-Month Faculty
Teach a course load appropriate for assigned field or discipline.
2. Work a 35-hour workweek, which includes five office hours per week.
3. Teaching loads may include online, high school, hybrid or traditional delivery methods.
4. Provide equitable course content and student learning outcomes in all courses regardless of location or delivery method.
5. Develop course syllabi according to NCCCS (North Carolina Community College System) course descriptions and College standards, and adhere to course syllabus.
6. Complete end-of-course assessments, formative (on-going) assessments and incorporate adjustments with teaching methods in order to meet learning outcomes.
7. Maintain accurate records of student progress and submit final grade rosters to academic programs each semester according to established deadlines.
8. Respond in a timely fashion to information requests from colleagues, divisions, the College and all academic program needs.
9. Be available to students via email, phone, or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course syllabus each semester.
10. Promote completion of end-of-course student evaluations.
11. Allow and encourage participation in other College-required surveys (e.g. CCSSE: Community College Student Survey of Engagement).
12. Maintain proficiency with all classroom equipment both on and off campus. Keep equipment secure.
13. Participate in student recruitment, advisement, advisory committee meetings, curriculum development, and registration.
14. Assist with job placement or possible study assignments, depending upon department need.
15. Participate in all graduation ceremonies.
16. Participate in required meetings and events.
17. Participate in professional development activities and College-required training.
18. Participate in the marketing, recruitment and retention of students, faculty and staff.
19. Record professional development as part of the annual review.
20. Establish and cultivate effective relationships with community agencies, employers, and educational partners.
21. Remain current on teaching methods with technology and enhance instructional delivery and learning outcomes.
22. Demonstrate proficiency of the College Learning Management System to deliver online instruction and enhance on campus and off campus instruction through all courses.
23. Make all courses taught accessible to all students.
24. Assist with the College’s library collection development by selecting, evaluating, and weeding learning resources in each appropriate discipline as requested.
25. Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others in a collegial environment.
26. Perform other duties as assigned and related assignments incident to the work described herein.
27. Additional information is located in the College’s Policies and Procedures Manual.
28. Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
29. Skilled in the use of computers and commitment to use of technology.
30. Experience with current version of MS Office or similar programs.
31. Excellent oral and written communication skills
32. Provide exceptional customer service with people internal and external to the institution.
33. Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college.
34. Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Collaborating and facilitating
- Creating and innovating
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Providing vision and leadership
35. Flexible and adapts to change.
36. Ability to multi-task with multiple departments and activities of others.
- Diploma in Computer Integrated Machining or related subject from an accredited institution; be willing to pursue an Associate degree in Computer Integrated Machining or related/approved credential if hired.
- At least four years machining experience in a combination of manual and computer numerical control (CNC) machines and software (lathes, multi-axis milling machines, CAD CAM)
- Proficient in computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CADCAM) using Master Cam or a similar program to be able to design, produce and evaluate the part according to print specifications and tolerances.
- Be able to to attend vendor training (e.g. Haas and Master Cam training).
- Proficiency in the operation of both manual machines and CNC machines.
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission of the community college.
- Associate in Applied Science or Bachelor Degree in Computer Integrated Machining or related area.
- Experience with Blackboard or similar learning management system.
- Teaching experience at the community college level.
Salary Range Based upon experience and academic credential
Apply online at: https://clevelandcc.edu/