Director of SecurityCleveland Community College
Cleveland Community College is currently accepting applications for the position of: Director of Security
Statement of Primary Purpose
Responsible for the safety and security of the Cleveland Community College community. Supervises full-time and part-time security personnel, organizes campus patrolling and surveillance, updates procedures to enhance campus security and safety, and works collaboratively with local law enforcement. Requires day, evening, and weekend hours.
Supervises Directly - Part-time security personnel
1. Coordinate and schedule part-time security personnel.
2. Patrol both inside the building and in the parking lots.
3. Recommend procedures to enhance campus security and safety.
4. In cooperation with the Shelby Police Department, investigate reports of crime.
5. Enforce campus traffic regulations.
6. Issue student, faculty and staff parking decals.
7. Secure the facilities after evening classes.
8. Work special events for traffic and crowd control.
9. Assist motorists by jump-starting vehicles.
10. Oversee delivering of bank deposits daily.
11. Occasionally called by Sheriff’s Department to come to campus when closed when burglar alarm is activated.
12. Participate in professional and staff development opportunities.
13. Serve on committees as required
14. Treat students and colleagues respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interaction that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
15. Performs other duties as assigned and other related duties incident.
Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
2. Skill in the use of computers and commitment to use of technology.
3. Experience with current version of MS Office or similar programs
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Ability to provide leadership in anticipating and responding to change.
6. Provide exceptional customer service with people internal and external to the institution.
7. Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college.
8. Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Collaborating and facilitating
- Creating and innovating
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Providing vision and leadership
9. Flexible and adapts to change
10. Ability to multi-task with multiple departments and activities of others.
1. Certificate in Basic Law Enforcement or Associate degree.
2. Preferred experience and skills in security or law enforcement related work.
3. Ability to be self-directed and to complete work independently.
4. Ability to work effectively in a team environment, working well with others.
5. Valid driver’s license.
ADA requirements for this position include critical thinking skills with the ability to process information, analysis data, make assessments, and exercise good judgment to make decisions; possess ease of mobility within the work environment and other areas of campus; and effective use of all forms of communication (oral, visual, auditory), including use of computers. Be able to lift weights up to 10 to 20 pounds regularly.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. The President or appropriate supervisory personnel may assign additional duties. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cleveland Community College is committed to equality of opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, or national origin consistent with provisions of applicable state or federal law.