Utility Maintenance Technician I, II, IIICleveland County Water
Utility Maintenance Technician I, II, III
Cleveland County Water (CCW) is a Sanitary District located in Cleveland County, NC.
CCW is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Utility Maintenance Technician I, II or III dependent upon qualifications.
CCW serves public water supply to a population of 50,000 and has over 20,000 active accounts.
The Maintenance Technician position:
- Installs, maintains and repairs water lines, services, meters, meter boxes, valves, water taps, fire hydrants, etc. Inspects, maintains, and repairs pump stations and elevated storage tanks.
- Assists with locating water lines in the absence of the Utility Locator.
- Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs on various pieces of equipment.
- Locates and marks valves.
- Operates dump trucks, backhoe, concrete saws, jackhammers, etc.
- Maintains utility easements.
- Performs general building and ground maintenance work; repairs landscaping, patches streets and makes concrete repairs.
Qualifications require education and experience equivalent to graduation with a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Some knowledge and experience or thorough knowledge and experience (dependent upon level hired) in the maintenance, repair, and/or construction of water lines, heavy equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, contractors and the general public.
Cleveland County Water offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including but not limited to health, dental & vision insurance, 401K contribution, local government retirement system participation, and longevity pay.
- Utility Maintenance Technician III: Possession of a NC Grade A Distribution Certification upon hire.
- Utility Maintenance Technician II: Possession of a NC Grade B Distribution Certification upon hire.
- Utility Maintenance Technician I: Possession of or ability to obtain a Grade C Distribution certification within eighteen (18) months of hire date. Levels I, II or III require the possession of a valid North Carolina Commercial Driver’s license.
Cleveland County Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer.