Instructor Interpreter EducationCPCC
Central Piedmont Community College announces an employment opportunity for Instructor Interpreter Education - Requisition # 2983
Closing Date: May 30, 2018.
Instructor Interpreter Education position will be located at the Cato Campus.
At CPCC you will be joining a vibrant and successful American Sign Language (ASL) - English Interpreter Education program where the emphasis is placed directly on student success and educational outcomes achieved by implementation of best practices in ASL and Interpreter Education. Graduates of CPCC's Interpreter Education program are enjoying successful careers as ASL-English interpreters in a wide variety of settings including VRS/VRI, Education, Medical, Community and Business. Students who do not already have a BA degree have options to transfer to a variety of 4 year institutions for BA completion.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in American Sign Language Interpretation or related field and hold National Certification from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution plus an Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Interpreting and seven years of work experience as a Nationally Certified Interpreter from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
NOTE: Licenses and/or certifications used for credentialing purposes must be kept current by the employee, unless noted otherwise.
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Interpreting, American Sign Language, Education or related field
- Ability to teach the following courses: Introduction to Interpreting, Translation, Discourse Analysis, Consecutive Interpreting, Simultaneous Interpreting, Comparative Cultures, Educational Interpreting, Medical Interpreting, Ethical Issues, Demand Control Schema, and working with Certified Deaf Interpreters and will also supervise students during interpreter internships
- Demonstrates a student-centered approach to pedagogy and a collaborative approach to working with faculty colleagues to attain program learning outcomes
- Experience in designing interpreting workshops, coursework, and curriculum
- Five years of experience as an RID certified interpreter and possesses or will obtain a NC State Interpreter License
- Fluent in American Sign Language and show a connection with the Deaf community and culture
- Prepared to work with a diverse group of learners in a rigorous program where the emphasis is placed on student success and learning
Salary for this position is $43,977 - $66,615. Pay grade for this position is Bachelor's Degree. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Contract type is Faculty/Librarian. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval. CPCC offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more.
CPCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.