PT Instructor CCE Computer TrainingCPCC
PT Instructor CCE Computer Training (CCE-Computer Technology Institute), Requisition number 2846
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
PT Instructor CCE Computer Training will be a multi campus position.
The requisition is for collecting a pool of candidates to be considered when a vacancy becomes available. The hiring manager will make direct contact with candidates if interested during February 2018 to August 2018.
Central Piedmont Community College is a comprehensive institution which places primary emphasis on excellence in classroom instruction. Faculty members are expected to demonstrate knowledge and maintain competence in the field of instruction throughout their employment at the college as well as participate in activities which enhance the College’s service to students and the community.
1. Instructs courses within the assigned program area and demonstrates high degree of skill in teaching; models effective teaching techniques for other faculty.
2. Monitors course offerings and makes recommendations to stay current; contributes in the development of course outlines and materials.
3. Prepares records and reports regarding attendance, grades, course files and course evaluation; submits textbook/materials requests.
4. Assists in planning class schedules which facilitate convenience to students, proofs schedule for accuracy and notes need for correction.
5. Monitors instructional facilities for proper use, safety, security, and maintenance.
6. Arranges for the design and customization of training programs to meet specific needs of organizations and their employees.
7. Assists coordinators with the marketing of their program; assist in the development of proposals for training services to CCE customers and staying abreast of market developments in area of teaching.
8. Provides all documentation required to set up, track, and report activities, cost and revenues.
9. Advises students and assists with student class registration activities.
10. Assists in the coordinating, developing, planning, implementing, and administering goals and objectives related to the assigned area.
11. Instructs and supervises the training of students in a variety of learning environments.
12. Adheres to the specific policies and requirements of the College and other pertinent agencies.
13. May perform other duties assigned by a college administrator as related to instruction and learning.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Ability to apply system analysis techniques and procedures including consulting with users to determine hardware/software or system functional specifications
Able to promote services and classes through conventions, public relations, trade shows, etc.
Ability to work both independently and as part of a high performing team
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Commitment to helping students and personal desire to make a difference
Ability to take initiatives and perform with only general directions
Ability to utilize different instructional methods, strategies and technologies to meet diverse student needs; perform curriculum design and development as needed by software subject and client
Ability to deliver instruction in a variety of settings
Proven industry expert with a minimum of 7 years’ experience which includes:
Must be Computer literate with excellent MS Office skills plus an industry leader in one or more of the following areas:
Data Analytics-Data Science including:
Business Intelligence/ Data Visualization
Predicative Analytics/ R and Python
Cloud Computing – Azure/AWS
Programming and Web Development including:
Server Side: Web API, NodeJS, Netflix Falcor, Django
DB Stack: MongoDB
Mobile Stack: iOS/Swift
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a specified program of study or industry certification or demonstrated expertise in the specified field