About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. Recently honored among Campus Pride's Top 8 Community Colleges Leading the Way for LGBTQ Inclusion, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
This is a professional administrative position in the Office of Human Resources Management at Dutchess Community College. The Personnel Assistant is responsible for coordinating the professional staff personnel functions at Dutchess Community College. The incumbent supervises and performs a variety of personnel related activities. The Personnel Assistant assists other members of the HR team with a wide variety of reports, outreach, recruitment, and special projects requiring a degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, problem solving, and data analysis. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Associate VP of Human Resources. Supervision may be exercised over the work of other employees.
- Processing of all new full-time faculty and all full-time and part-time administrators, including their retirement options
- Processing of all health care and dental options of new employees;
- Processing of all changes of healthcare options due to Open Enrollment;
- Retirement processing for all faculty and administrators;
- Resignation processing for all faculty and administrators;
- Notification of health care cost changes to all employees;
- Follow-up with heath care administrators about employee questions;
- Back up as Orientation facilitator to Assoc. VP of HR;
- Annual faculty and administrator salary roll and contract renewal;
- COBRA notifications to separating employees, this involves strict federal timelines;
- Documentation of vacation, personal and comp time for faculty and administrators, (active, retiring, and terminating), as applicable;
- Provides a monthly membership report to Dutchess United Educators;
- Salary and Benefit statements for all employees;
- Produces, analizes, and submits reports for the Business Office to respond to audit requests; GASB yearly report;
- Produces and submit reports regarding Teacher's Retirement System projected earnings and other requests.
- Responds to professional staff employees with questions regarding benefits, policies, and procedures;
- May supervise the work of other staff in the office, including student aides;
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline required
- Two or more years of human resource experience required. Experience in a Higher Education Human Resources setting is preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience with HR databases and HRIS systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws as well as human resources processes and best practices
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong math skills
- Ability to work within deadlines and to manage competing priorities in a positive manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with a diverse population
- Professional and welcoming customer service skills with the ability to tolerate interruptions
- Good organizational and time management skills
This position is categorized as management confidential FLSA Exempt. All offers of employment are contingent, subject to criminal and educational verification. This position will remain open until qualified candidates have been identified.
Dutchess Community College is an AA/EOE employer. As part of the State University of New York (SUNY), in its continuing effort to seek equity in education and employment, and in support of federal and state anti-discrimination legislation, has adopted a policy to provide an educational and employment environment free from unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction.
To apply visit www.sunydutchess.interviewexchange.com. Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Dutchess Community College is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.