Learning Technology Implementation Specialist
East Carolina University
Learning Technology Implementation Specialist
Vacancy #: 500332
Recruitment Range: $78,825
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) is the central agency that supports enterprise-wide computing at East Carolina University. ITCS, through innovative information technology initiatives and service, provides opportunities for the ECU community to excel in teaching, research, and service using state-of-the-market technology and collaborative environments. ITCS is first and foremost committed to providing excellent information technology support for faculty, staff, and students. ITCS partners with campus departments, other universities, and industry to make strategic investments in information technology infrastructure that will help maintain a competitive advantage in administrative applications, faculty research, and outreach to the state and nation. We will achieve this through increasing the core functions and deploying appropriate technology throughout the university.
The Learning Technologies Implementation and Support Training team promotes the effective use of learning technologies to support teaching and learning for the university. The team supports the campus by providing consultation and training for learning technologies and Universal Design for Learning. Team members consult with faculty to incorporate technologies and effective course design and collaborate with Distributed IT personnel in the colleges. In addition, team members create and share user education and develop instructional and training content.
- Contribute to the development of tool assessment, adoption, implementation, and review processes, including ensuring accessibility. Plan and direct new and existing learning technology implementations, including the effective management of timelines.
- Manage the Canvas LTI review process and implementation. This process includes security review, IT Accessibility Review, LTI installation and testing, contractual agreement, and developing and/or coordinating user education.
- Provide expertise, consultation, and training to faculty and staff in the application of instructional technologies, such as the university’s LMS; collaboration software and other instructional tools.
- Develop and encourages best practices regarding the use of learning technologies.
- Conduct evaluations on learning technologies resources and services provided by the team and recommend modifications based on the results.
- Continually research, evaluate and assess the effectiveness of instructional technology implementation and make recommendations for innovation.
- Work with learning technologies analytics/data to identify usage trends and develop business intelligence dashboards to display data to the team and to the public.
- Monitor development and release of new features (in coordination with Support team).
- Provide technical support for tool implementation and usage, including troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Develop user education for faculty, staff, and students on the use of new enterprise learning technologies and updates.
- Assist with development and distribution of platform specific user education as needed.
- Train faculty and staff on the use of new learning technologies.
- Work with team members to transition support of new learning technologies to the Training and Support teams.
- Develop and maintain a LinkedIn Learning Instructional and Communication Plan of curated content and analytics.
This position may be eligible for Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA) under the ECU FWA Policy.
Employees are required to adjust their standard work schedule to meet the requirements of their position, which includes and not limited to evening and weekend hours to perform scheduled and unscheduled workload requirements to maintain University operations.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicant
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Application Types Accepted
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #500332 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
ECU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/60007