Department Chair - Industrial Systems TechnologyFayetteville Technical Community College
Fayetteville Technical Community College located in Fayetteville, NC is seeking qualified applicants for this full-time position. Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth. This position is located in Fayetteville, NC.
Qualified applicants must be proficient in Programmable Logic Control (PLC) and experienced in mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems maintenance and repair.
- Coordinate the Industrial Systems Technology Program, including instructional design; delivery systems; student admissions and advising; evaluation of program, students and faculty.
- Develop and maintain industry and community support.
- Assist the Dean of Engineering & Applied Technology with the identification and recruitment of potential faculty; participate in the interview selection process; provide initial divisional orientation and training to new full-time and part-time hires.
- Provide input to the Dean on divisional budget needs to include part-time salaries, supplies, equipment, travel and other costs.
- Teach face-to-face classes to include days, evenings, and weekends both on and off campus.
- Teach online classes as needed by the Department.
- Incorporate latest instructional technologies & interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Recruit students for the program.
- Advise students who are in the program.
- Participate in faculty committees and other activities, as assigned.
- Other duties as explained in the job description for Department Chair in section IV-11.4 of the Organizational Handbook
- 5 or more years experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting.
- Teaching experience at the community college or four-year college.
- On-line teaching experience.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Other Documents
Posting Number: F002-17
The Fayetteville Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.