Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Budget Manager to join our team of professionals.
- Oversees and prepares the distribution of monthly sponsored projects, E&G departmental, PhD Program, and FIU Foundation reconciliation expense reports and budget vs actuals for approval.
- Prepares monthly project reconciliation for expenditures in line with sponsor regulations for approval.
- Manages budgetary exceptions and provides resolutions in a timely manner.
- Calculates effort based on National Institutes of Health (NIH) salary cap and mandatory cost share on grants. Submits allocation changes for faculty & staff. Liaises with other colleges and departments to ensure proper allocation of individuals. Prepares payroll and non-payroll transfers to ensure accuracy of committed effort per project guidelines and salary cap restrictions.
- Prepares financial reports and participates in meetings to update the PIs, Office of Research and Economic Development (ORED), Department Chairs and the college on budget status on a monthly basis of all E&G and grant activities. Provides updates on sponsor terms, regulations, approved budgets, and reporting requirements once a grant has been awarded.
- Collaborates with the Chief Administrative Officer on E&G budget preparation and sponsored research projections and supporting documentation for budget planning purposes.
- Manages the reconciliation of HWCOM personnel allocations for the annual budget submission across all funding sources in Adaptive to PantherSoft. Also analyzes across research, instructional, clinical and admin effort.
- Prepares reports and works closely with HWCOM Finance in the development of financial projections of all grant and basic science research related activities.
- Analyzes and prepares data with HWCOM Finance for submission requests to external agencies such as Institute reports, Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) and Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
- Serves as the ProCard Approver for departmental transactions. Tracks purchases, travel, and catering requests for basic science research departments and from sponsored projects. Procures commodities and services in accordance with State law and University rules, regulations and policies for all basic science departments, Research Administration team, and PhD Program. Assures compliance and adherence to University credit card policies and procedures. Reconciles and approves monthly credit card statement and reconciliations for assigned areas.
- Reconciles project awards by preparing and maintaining logs to track outstanding invoices. Tracks project expenses for principal investigators (PIs) to ensure outstanding invoices are paid prior to project close out.
- Maintains records of all grant documents for HWCOM for regulatory and auditing purposes. Analyzes and submits data for audit and other key reports in collaboration with General Counsel's Office.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline and four (4) years of experience in associated discipline or Master's degree and two (2) years of experience in related field.
- Previous experience in budget and grant management.
- Knowledge of grant regulations and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 526781. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.