Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Clerkship Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Works with the strand leaders, Clerkship Directors, and other clerkship coordinators to develop the content of the clerkship and to ensure compliance with the goals and objectives of the medical school and the policies of the Curriculum Committee. Works with clinical faculty and hospital staff to ensure efficiency of the clerkships at each site and that students are in compliance with the accreditation requirements of each clinical site.
- Prepares teaching materials and teaching schedules for the clerkship in a timely fashion, maintains a common template appearance of materials across clerkships. Oversees the scheduling of courses in Period 3. Maintains an understanding of the curricular goals, policies, and standards of the individual clerkships, departments, and medical school. Participates in the preparation of Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME) accreditation materials when necessary for his/her department.
- Assists with medical student participation in simulated learning activities at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus and clinical sites. Assists in preparation of simulated cases and incorporates new clinical material as required. Participates in Objective Structured Clinical Evaluations (OSCE), and collating evaluations. Ensures compliance with HWCOM policies and procedures and institutional objectives.
- Monitors Clerkship curriculum assessment methods for adherence to the assessment methods developed within the school. Monitors E*Value for student compliance with core cases/core procedures. Monitors the performance of each student and compiles appropriate written documentation for the individual Clerkship Directors and the Strand Leader for Clinical Medicine. Uses data to create both short- and long-term reports and trend analysis.
- Provides back up support to administer the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) Shelf or other required examinations. Manages data of student grades and ensures accuracy for submission. Schedule’s student learning activities. Plans meetings and conference calls. Assists in the organization of faculty development sessions and attends sessions at respective clinical sites as needed.
- Participates in or conducts the Period 3 clerkship orientation. Works with faculty to familiarize residents, graduate students, and postdoctoral trainees with clerkship objectives and with their respective roles in teaching and evaluating students. Serves as liaison to the faculty and clinical site administration to ensure efficient operation of the clerkship.
- Acts as a liaison for faculty preceptors and hospital staff/administrators at respective clinical sites. Acts as a resource for the policies and procedures of the FIU HWCOM. Consistently reviews the clerkship syllabus for accuracy and makes recommendations to the Clerkship Director.
- Monitor’s progress of student entry of patient encounters and prepares reports for the Clerkship Director. Attends Clerkship Director and Curriculum Committee meetings as necessary. Maintains an understanding of current practices in academic medicine. Maintains accuracy and timeliness of curriculum materials on the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Travels between Modesto A. Maidique campus and respective clinical site(s) as needed.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 525466. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.