Patient Client Access Representative
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Patient Client Access Representative to join our team of professionals.
- Schedules and updates household visits via email, and schedules mobile health center appointments for patients via phone.
- Arranges coverage for household visits by utilizing faculty physician household assignments and on-call schedules.
- Confirms and reminds supervising faculty, students, and safety officer of upcoming visits by providing key information, such as, date, time, and location.
- Processes, documents, and scans referrals for specialty services.
- Registers household members in the Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Prepares resource folders for medical students.
- Responds to and closes the loop on telephonic and electronic communications, including internal and external requests for services and information.
- Interacts with non-English patients in Spanish/Creole to schedule appointments and resolve any inquiries they may have.
- As needed, handles medical records correspondence, ensuring a signed authorization prior to releasing or requesting records.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Experienced in providing support to new projects.
Bilingual English/Spanish (highly preferred) and/or English/Creole.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 527229. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.