Senior Program Coordinator
Senior Program Coordinator - 530841
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Coordinates and supports the graduate and undergraduate programs in the department of modern languages. Provides essential support to the Graduate Program Director and the Department by responding to undergraduate and graduate student inquiries.
- Maintains and updates graduate students' files and records. Communicates with current students on crucial dates and deadlines, such as graduation requirements/deadlines, and enters Graduation Certifications into the system.
- Performs administrative duties supporting the department's program including but not limited to registration, records, changing a major, adding of second major, a minor, and/or adding a certificate program. Provides overrides, special permissions, add/drop forms, and informs students of policies and procedures.
- Provides pertinent information and deadlines to Graduate Assistants (GA) and Teaching Assistants (TA). Verifies and submits GA/TA contracts, GA/TA Agreements, Human Resources sign-on packages and alternate insurance forms to appropriate departments. Submits Electronic Credentialing Request Forms for Teaching Assistants.
- Maintains up-to-date information disseminated in various media sources concerning the graduate program. Works with academic community that speak English and Spanish. Maintains and updates the Spanish Graduate website and listserv. Updates the Student Handbook and graduate course descriptions each term. Assists with preparing graduate marketing materials.
- Coordinates and documents committee meeting minutes. Coordinates PhD Defenses, Masters and PhD Comprehensive Exams, Annual Student Evaluation and Mentoring meetings.
- Collaborates with other University offices to ensure the appropriate processing of graduate student materials.
- Coordinates graduate program events such as orientation, informal gatherings and lecture series. Maintains record of graduate lecture series. Obtains necessary promotional Information from guest speakers.
- Assists with dual degree Commencement preparations and coordinates with on-site FIU faculty with their visa applications.
- Maintains and updates department website and social media platforms to promote program content and announcements for all undergraduate and graduate departmental programs in collaboration with the Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA) Marketing and Communication Team.
- Assists with tracking enrollments in all programs and conducts queries as needed. Updates all student listservs on a regular basis.
- Coordinates all logistical aspects pertaining to MA and PhD applicants. Interacts with non-english speakers. Guides and verifies applicants/international candidates through the admissions process, as well as gathers paperwork for applicant files. Monitors and alerts applicants to any pending admission materials.
- Interprets university and college administrative and fiscal policies and procedures. Interprets and provides recommendations on procedures for the unit to improve administrative and fiscal operation for the programs and office site.
- Manages and reconciles departmental expenses including travel and other expenses using University's credit card. Submits requisitions and receives goods or services against purchase orders; creates travel authorizations and expense reports through the University's financial system. May process contracts in accordance with University purchasing guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of office or related experience.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience in PeopleSoft.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- $47,000 - $50,000
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Required to spend 50% or more of time operating a computer
- Criminal Background Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 530841
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status