Sr. Behavioral Health Care Coordinator
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Sr. Behavioral Health Care Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Coordinates behavioral health services with the patient's pediatric primary care provider (PCP) and treating behavioral health providers.
- Provides linkage for evidence-based mental health treatment.
- Facilitates patient engagement and follow-up with behavioral health providers.
- Documents tele psychiatry encounters, patient progress, and treatment recommendations.
- Facilitates treatment plan changes for patients who are not improving as expected in consultation with the PCP and the team psychiatrist. These may include changes in medications or psychosocial treatments or appropriate referrals for additional services.
- Provides linkage for services addressing the social determinants of health (e.g., transportation, housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, etc.).
- Conducts regularly scheduled caseload consultations with the consulting team psychiatrist and communicates resulting treatment recommendations to the patient's pediatric primary care physician.
- Provides education about common behavioral/mental health and substance use disorders and available treatment options.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the training curriculum for primary care providers and families.
- Provides technical assistance for the practice sites.
- Drives between campuses and clinical sites as needed.
- Works with and/or resides with minors and/or vulnerable persons within their role at the pediatric affiliated clinical sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related.
Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of office or related experience.
Master's Degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker/ Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
Experienced in working in a behavioral health/mental health clinical setting with children, adolescents and families.
Excellent computer literacy skills.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 528144.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.