Student Account Generalist I - 531573
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Student Account Generalist I - 531573
Provides assistance with customer service to prospective and current students, parents, Third- Party entities, and faculty/staff in the areas of, but not limited to: Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration and One Stop Enrollment Services. Serves as a representative of Student Financial Services assisting with issues relating to student accounts that require interpretation of policies, procedures and programs.
- Provides assistance and supports Student Financials operations within the Office of the Controller.
- Provides excellent customer service and support via call center, email, written correspondence or in-person to resolve problems and address issues from students, parents, faculty, staff and academic departments.
- Assists with updating student account information in PeopleSoft or other ERP software programs, ensuring the integrity of the data.
- Assists with the analysis of student account data to determine trends in an effort to decrease outstanding Accounts Receivable (A/R) and collection account placement.
- Assists with the process to bill, collect and apply payments related to Florida Prepaid contracts and all other Third Party tuition contracts, as assigned.
- May participate in banking and/or University Card processes as assigned.
- May assist with reviewing and analyzing banking activities as it relates to student accounts.
- Works with student advisors, colleges, or other University departments to clarify situations, as necessary.
- Provides support and up-to-date information to prospective and current students in the areas of Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, One Stop and Graduation, as assigned.
- Serves as a backup within the department and assists with various Student Financial functions as needed..
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of relevant experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
Job Category: Staff
Advertised Salary: $40,000 - $42,500
Begin time: 8:30AM
End time: 5:00PM
- Required to spend 50% or more of time operating a computer
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 531573
How to claim vet preference:
Since 1945, the Florida Legislature has made a provision to give preference in the hiring process to United States war veterans in recognition of their military, naval, or air service who meet specific conditions. The conditions are as follows:
- Veterans with a VA service-connected disability
- Spouses of veterans with permanent and total service-connected disability
- Honorably discharged veterans with wartime service.
- Unmarried widow or widower of a veteran who died as a result of a service-connected disability
- A veteran who has served in a qualifying campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized, to include the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal.
Florida International University honors this policy and will comply with Veterans' Preference guidelines when filling staff positions. Any applicant claiming Veterans' Preference will be required to attach a DD214 with each application submitted for verification.
If there are any questions concerning Veterans' Preference, please contact Talent Acquisition & Management by calling 305-348-2500.
For additional information on Veterans' Preference, visit http://www.floridavets.org/.
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.