Account Executive WSGE Radio StationGaston College
Gaston College in Dallas, NC is currently accepting applications of the position of Account Executive WSGE Radio Station.
The annual base salary for this full-time, benefits-eligible position is $30,000; however, with Commission, we expect the pay to be at least in the low-to-mid $40's the first year. Anticipated start date May 2018. IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT MUST BE COMPLETED IN ITS ENTIRETY. AN ATTACHED RESUME MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR A FULLY COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM.
WSGE 91.7 FM radio is an independent, public radio station affiliated with Gaston College. The station is recognized for its diverse programming that includes National Public Radio (NPR) and an Adult Album Alternative (AAA) music format along with specialty music genres Beach/Shag, Gospel, Blues and Jazz. Work with the Station Manager and in collaboration with the College’s Foundation Office to identify, solicit, cultivate, and secure underwriting programming support for WSGE Radio from businesses and corporations within the Station’s listening area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prospect, cultivate, and secure new business for underwriting programming support for WSGE from businesses and corporations within the Station’s listening area while maintaining and growing existing accounts. Negotiate the terms of underwriting sales and complete any required documentation both timely and accurately.
• Research potential new business accounts and prepare work plans and activity reports on a regular basis.
• Plan, organize, and execute a regular schedule to achieve new business and service existing accounts to generate revenue for radio, digital media, and event sponsorships.
• Understand marketing and advertising needs for new and existing accounts and develop proposals to meet those needs. Make underwriting sales presentations and establish and build positive relationships and rapport. Adjust content of presentations as needed.
• Resolve client/partner concerns by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations.
• Meet or exceed established underwriting "receipt" goals or targets, which may be adjusted at the beginning of a fiscal year. For example, if a goal or target is exceeded, it could be increased.
• Review sales performance against established targets and recommend strategies to increase sales as needed.
• Invoice clients on a monthly basis and accurately record underwriting sales and related information into computer database (i.e., Raiser’s Edge).
• Work with the Foundation Office to ensure the accuracy and security of the underwriting database and data entry, maintain and provide monthly income and expense reports, provide underwriting and account financial projections on a regular basis, and maintain annual fiscal year underwriting goals and receipt of all revenues for WSGE.
• Attend College events, meetings, or conferences and represent WSGE at social and other related events as requested and support other fundraising and outreach activities.
• Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing WSGE and Gaston College, including confidentiality in all aspects of the position's responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members, colleagues, and other departments and functions of the College, contribute positively and constructively to the achievement of team and established objectives, and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
• Associate degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited institution required.
Minimum Experience Qualifications:
• Two years’ experience in outside sales and/or media sales required.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills required.
• Ability to establish rapport and develop long-term relationships and partnerships required.
• Ability to make regular contacts with potential and existing partners required.
• Must be outgoing, assertive, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
• Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
• Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software preferred.
• Familiarity with the mission of public broadcasting preferred.
• Must be flexible to adjust to changing work conditions and demands including working various hours and schedules that may include evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to travel, but generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
• Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the position's duties and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may be assigned, which should not be construed as expanding the position's role, scope, and/or grade.