Adjunct Instructor - Nurse Aide I
Gaston College is seeking to fill the following position: Adjunct Instructor - Nurse Aide 1
An adjunct (part-time) instructor is a College employee whose primary assignment involves teaching or the direct support of teaching. The position of adjunct instructor involves delivery of instruction, preparation and evaluation of such instruction, and accessibility to students. Teach day and evening classes at multiple instruction sites through multiple modes as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct assigned classes of instruction in the best manner to achieve student learning; present information, ideas, and skills in ways which are appropriate to a variety of learning styles and which show sensitivity to a diverse student population.
- Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
- Treat students with tact and respect; maintain collegial relationships; and work productively as a member of a team.
- Evaluate achievement with timely interim and final performance evaluations and assign grades which reflect College policy and the achievement of course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
- Maintain overall accessibility to students, which necessitates flexibility in arranging out-of-class consultations to accommodate student needs.
- Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of courses and course syllabi within assigned content area.
- Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain currency in content areas through appropriate professional development.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have completed a nationally accredited Nursing Program.
- Current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in North Carolina required.
- Must meet minimum SACSCOC criteria and the minimum criteria of other pertinent accrediting, licensing, and credentialing agencies in the area of teaching assignment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years of experience working as an RN required.
- At least one year of experience working as an RN in the care of chronically ill people of any age required.
- Experience teaching college-level courses preferred.
- Experience teaching the North Carolina Nurse Aide I curriculum preferred.
- American Heart Association CPR Instructor certification preferred.