Administrative Assistant - Technology Services
Gaston College is seeking to fill the following positions: Administrative Assistant - Technology Services
Provide diverse administrative support to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and the Technology Services Department, which encompasses performing multiple duties, tasks, and responsibilities and technical support to faculty, staff, students, and the organization with a focus on customer service. Will report to and assist the CTSO and the department by performing ad hoc project work and drafting procedures and other documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including creating departmental correspondence, and related documents; performing grammar and content reviews (e.g., proof-reading and editing documents); manage various electronic and hardcopy calendars and schedules. Respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries with a strong customer service focus; regularly handle sensitive and confidential information with judgment and tact; serve as a resource for policies, procedures and guides. Act as a point-of-contact and regularly communicate and interact with internal and external customers, clients, vendors, and various organizations or entities. Position requires the ability to anticipate and address needs on a regular basis.
- Support the CIO and Technology Services staff through a variety of tasks related to the organization by answering questions and responding to requests; receive and direct visitors, staff, students, and faculty.
- Operate and upkeep a variety of office equipment, including computers, copiers, two-way radios, etc.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies; maintain equipment inventory.
- Prepare, edit, and modify all departmental documents and correspondence; assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports, purchase orders and bills; open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Schedule/coordinate meetings, appointments, travel requests/reimbursements, work orders; create and reconcile expense reports and perform research as needed.
- Participate in professional development activities to enhance job knowledge and stay up-to-date on changing trends and technology associated with assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintain vendor contacts and coordinate joint activities with outside agencies.
- Organize office and assist team members in ways that optimize daily procedures.
- Attend meetings and serve on College committees as requested.
- Provide assistance in the completion of projects and goals of Technology Services ensuring tasks/projects are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner; prepare special reports that may include research, analysis, compiling, and summarizing of data.
- Explain policies and procedures to customers based on knowledge of the College and/or Technology Services.
- Work collaboratively with CIO, team members, and colleagues, contribute positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem-solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College's policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree from a nationally accredited institution required.
- Bachelor's degree from a nationally accredited institution preferred.
- Demonstrated competencies through internal testing required.
- Previous experience with computerized information systems required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least three years of experience in an administrative/clerical support role required; five years' experience preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required.
- Must be a fast, independent learner and able to work without supervision when merited.
- Ability to work efficiently on simultaneous projects and manage time within a fast-paced environment required.
- Must be a team player and work well with others, be detail oriented, a self-starter, and able to take good notes and present them in a report.
- Must work with the CTSO to prepare department assessment documents and budgets.
- Willingness to learn multiple roles and be flexible with work assignment on a daily basis.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into simple terms; when providing telephone support, must be able to understand end users' descriptions of their computer problems in order to correctly troubleshoot them.