Administrative Assistant To Chief Administrative OfficerGaston College
Gaston College in Dallas, NC is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant To Chief Administrative Officer
Provide diverse administrative support to the Chief Administrative Officer and the Administrative Services Division, which encompasses performing multiple duties, tasks, and responsibilities in support of various departments and functions such as human resources; marketing and public relations; campus police and security; environmental, health, and safety; professional development; and WSGE Radio. Position will also provide administrative support in the management of a variety of special projects in support of the College’s mission.
Duties & Responsibilities:
GENERAL: Perform a variety of administrative duties including creating departmental, divisional, and College-wide communications, correspondence, and related documents; performing grammar and content reviews (e.g., proof-reading and editing documents); managing various electronic and hard copy calendars and schedules; assisting with meeting preparation and administration including creating agendas, developing and organizing supporting documents, contacting and verifying attendees, recording minutes, and following-up on the status and completion of action items and related duties or tasks. Respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries with a strong customer service focus; regularly handle sensitive and confidential information with judgment and tact; serve as a resource for policies, procedures and guides; regularly communicate and interact with internal and external customers, clients, vendors, and various organizations or entities; and submit and track applicable help desk requests through completion. Position requires the ability to anticipate and address needs on a regular basis.
SPECIAL PROJECTS: Plan, coordinate, and assist with activities related to special projects, special events, and assignments including researching, analyzing, summarizing, organizing and compiling data; preparing reports; and providing assistance with preparing information for presentations and related responsibilities.
BUDGET, REQUISITIONS, TRAVEL: Enter purchase requisitions into the E-Procurement system. Obtain proper signatures and submit invoices for payment processing. Track divisional and departmental budget expenditures using Colleague and any other supporting systems (e.g., Excel spreadsheets). Make and coordinate travel, accommodation, and related arrangements as needed and prepare and process all related forms for reimbursement in an accurate and timely manner.
SOFTWARE AND OFFICE TECHNOLOGY: Remain current and maintain a high level of proficiency with office technology and software.
WEB CONTENT, MANUALS, & DATABASE MANAGEMENT: Assist with updating content on applicable web pages and maintaining various hard copy and electronic manuals and databases (e.g., Policy and Procedure and Environmental, Health, and Safety) and coordinate and communicate any applicable updates with the NC Community College System Office or other entities.
RECORD KEEPING: Manage hard copy and electronic files and records including organizing, filing, imaging, and retrieving.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Assist with scheduling professional development seminars and workshops as requested.
COLLEGE COMMITTEES: Represent the Administrative Services Division, and specifically the Office of Human Resources, on the College’s Social Committee and actively participate in performing various associated duties and responsibilities. Participate on other committees and in groups as requested.
ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS: Prepare employee update reports as needed for various meetings and groups including, but not limited to, the College’s Board of Trustees and President’s Cabinet.
BACK-UP RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for providing back-up services for a variety of functions including, but not limited to, hiring and selection, on-boarding, part-time payroll, leave of absence administration, audits, reports, data entry, employee directory maintenance, and receptionist and/or switchboard operator duties.
OTHER: Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem-solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
• Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Minimum Experience Qualifications:
• At least three years’ experience as an administrative assistant required; five years’ experience preferred.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and research required.
• Proven ability to create, compose, and edit written materials required; demonstrated competencies through internal testing required. •Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Strong and dependable work ethic.
• Must have a proclivity for being proactive, independent, and tactful in handling duties and responsibilities.
• Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and within time constraints.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to learn quickly and handle new responsibilities.
• Generally works in a traditional climate controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
• Some walking, standing, and bending required, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
• In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the position's duties and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may be assigned, which should not be construed as expanding the position's role, scope, and/or grade.