Gaston College is seeking to fill the position of Assessment/Retention Specialist
Responsible for the Literacy Education Information Systems (LEIS) which includes collecting, entering, analyzing, and disseminating LEIS data for all Life Skills programs. Responsible for generating Basic Skills state and departmental data reports utilizing the data management system provided by the state (currently LEIS). Assist director in developing and implementing plan to assess and retain students in all Life Skills programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately and efficiently collect, compile, and report Basic Skills performance data through the LEIS data management system.
- Provide information regarding student progress and achievement; keep director and coordinators informed of the status of class performance through reports and related information.
- Assist director in developing a process and schedule for gathering LEIS information; assure instructor compliance and provide feedback to program coordinators.
- Monitor and record student progress and ensure that all necessary data is collected; recommend ways to improve data collection and reporting systems.
- Analyze data for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Conduct LEIS training sessions as needed for instructors and staff; assist program managers in developing materials for instructors to use in collecting LEIS data.
- Attend relevant NCCCS sessions as needed to maintain and attain skills.
- Monitor minors for driver's license eligibility.
- Assist director in ensuring compliance with the LEIS.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem-solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College's policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- Assist with and/or participate in College-related activities.
- Attend classes and/or workshops to keep current on changes related to position.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein described.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three years' experience in data entry management required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required.