Associate Vice President for Economic and Workforce DevelopmentGaston College
Associate Vice President for Economic and Workforce Development
In collaboration with the Vice President for Economic and Workforce Development, has primary responsibility for the daily operations of EWD's Business and Industry Training, Continuing Education, Work-Based Learning, and Apprenticeship activities, including development of needs analyses and training plans, marketing, preparation of budgets, and delivery of quality education and training that meets the diverse workforce, professional, and personal development needs of the organizations in Gaston and Lincoln counties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with staff of Business and Industry Training and Continuing Education to identify and analyze non-curriculum training and educational needs of the communities served by Gaston College. Negotiate with the management of regional employers to provide appropriate education and training, develop course outlines, and solicit funding and resources for co-sponsorship of programs from various businesses, college, and professional organizations.
- Assist the Vice President for Economic and Workforce Development in the establishment and maintenance of a division-wide strategic plan for developing, implementing, coordinating, and monitoring programs and enrollments for economic and workforce development.
- Assist the Vice President for Economic and Workforce Development in the day-to-day leadership of the Division including, but not limited to, the Small Business Center, Life Skills, Public Safety Departments, and the College's Education Navigator.
- Work with staff and the College's Marketing and Public Relations Department in preparing a marketing plan for Business and Industry Training, Continuing Education, and Apprenticeship programs. Conduct environmental scan that includes identification of regional training and development needs. Establish and plan for promotion of all programs for which the position is responsible in collaboration with the V.P. for Economic and Workforce Development, program staff, and College marketing personnel which includes personal contacts, media marketing, advertising, and publicity.
- Overall responsibility for the recruitment, development, interviewing, hiring, supervision, and evaluation of Business and Industry Training, Continuing Education, and Apprenticeship coordinators, the Education Navigator, and part-time instructors as needed to provide scheduled offerings by the division.
- Promote, design, and manage all aspects of the Customized Training Program for the College. Develop and administer training programs with industries, recruit instructors, approve payments and reimbursements, evaluate and report on project activities, provide educational consulting assistance to business and industry, and maintain information and resources for supporting assessment and training needs incorporating the most recent programs and techniques.
- Represent the Division in making requested presentations at selected public, civic, and service organization functions or associations and business and industry activities.
- Represent the Division in developing and maintaining close associations with Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Commission, North Carolina Community College System networks, and other professional and business associations.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President, the College's Development Office, and other College program areas to identify external sources of funding and serve as a consultant to provide administrative support on special grant initiatives.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Division of Economic and Workforce Development in the absence of the Vice President.
- Act as a resource to staff on processes, procedures, and approvals as required to insure compliance with NCCCS and College policies.
- Use, where appropriate, technology in training activities such as distance learning, individualized interactive computer training, etc.
- Prepare and manage budgets for Customized Training Programs, self-supporting and occupational extension programs.
- Supervise, direct, and evaluate staff.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein described.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Five or more years' experience as dean, executive director, or director in continuing education, business and industry training, corporate training, or a related field required.
Employment Opportunities AA/EEO Employer