Career and College Promise (CCP) Success and Outreach CoordinatorGaston College
Gaston College, Lincoln, NC Campus is accepting applications for: Career and College Promise (CCP) Success & Outreach Coordinator.
Duties include but are not limited to the following: serve as an advocate for Career and College Promise (CCP) students; participate in recruitment and retention activities involving CCP students in public, charter, private and home schools; provide academic advising and academic support services to CCP students; maintain data on enrollment, success, withdrawal rates, and program completion for CCP students; and, participate in a variety of projects. Provide administrative support to the Director of Educational Partnerships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in the implementation of goals and objectives for the CCP Program.
• Serve as an advocate for students enrolled in the CCP Program and assist/guide students in navigating the college experience.
• Proactively visit high schools to present information on the CCP Program.
• Participate in recruitment and retention activities for potential and current CCP students.
• Provide academic advisement as well as assist with registration for CCP students.
• Participate with the Persistence and Retention Team including involvement in Early Alert activities. Implement specific retention strategies to ensure CCP students are academically progressing through the semester and within their selected pathway(s).
• Maintain information on enrollment, grades earned, withdrawals, and completion of pathway(s) by high school and the local educational agency.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Maintain awareness of and interpret N.C. statutes, Department of Public Instruction policies, North Carolina Community College System policies, and Gaston College policies as they relate to CCP.
• Provide enthusiastic and responsible customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Provide administrative and campus support including, but not limited to, answering multi-telephone lines, maintaining files and records, assisting in preparation and maintenance of the budget, generating mailing labels, creating spreadsheets, and proficiently using Colleague for accessing student records.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Evening hours and occasional weekend hours required. Central location will be on the Lincoln Campus, though travel between campuses will be required.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
Minimum Experience Qualifications:
• Minimum of three years’ experience in an educational setting required.
• Community college experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft computer applications required.
• Experience working with high school populations preferred.
• Experience in student services preferred.
• Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
• Ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 10 pounds required.
• Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the position's duties and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may be assigned, which should not be construed as expanding the position's role, scope, and/or grade.