Coordinator/Instructor of Customized Training
Gaston College is seeking to fill the following position: Coordinator/Instructor of Customized Training
The Coordinator/Instructor of Customized Training is responsible for planning, marketing, implementing, and coordinating Customized training courses, which may lead to the creation of new programs in both the non-credit and credit offerings of the College. Responsible for suggesting and overseeing the development of potential offerings based on a solid understanding of labor market trends and employer needs within the service area, recruiting, training and scheduling part-time instructors, and overseeing documentation required for compliance. Designs training and development programs using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, and on-the-job training. Reports directly to the Director of Customized Training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote Customized Training, internally and externally by developing strong relationships, serving on committees and councils, market to community events and civic organizations, developing and distributing promotional materials, and participating in job fairs, professional conferences, workshops, career days, employee orientations, and regional and statewide meetings as assigned.
- Maintain and strengthen existing workforce development, customized training, and training partnerships in Gaston and Lincoln counties by coordinating training assigned by the Director of Customized Training.
- Coordinate with the Director of Customized Training and the team, to schedule training with company contacts, complete needed paperwork required for training, process all associated paperwork (e.g., contracts) with identified instructors, and identify and order materials and supplies as needed.
- Represent the college at the beginning of training session, as assigned by the Director of Customized Training. Coordinate instructor arrival time at the training partner location, complete registration process and arrange for pick-up of all course documents at the end of training sessions.
- Review, evaluate, and select materials for appropriate use in classes; develop curriculum and instructional materials as needed. Prepare all documentation required for College and NCCCS compliance.
- Monitor and enforce all policies of the Workforce Development program, Gaston College, and agencies and businesses served as they relate to the programs.
- Design, develop, oversee, and teach training courses and program development, and coordinate their delivery (i.e., logistics). Review, evaluate, and select materials for appropriate use in classes; develop curriculum and instructional materials as needed. Prepare all documentation required for College and NCCCS compliance.
- Coordinate with the Director of Customized Training to identify, interview, and recommend instructors for hire.
- Monitor Customized Training budget, payroll, and expenditures related to training activities.
- Follow college workflow processes to ensure program integrity and accountability in accordance with NCCCS and state regulatory agency requirements.
- Coordinate with the Director of Customized Training to identify potential cost-effective, revenue-producing programs and services that the College could develop and suggest new ideas based on research and data.
- Participate in divisional, departmental, and College-wide meetings and committees, partner with other College departments as needed, and contribute to grant proposals.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Maintain cooperative working relationship with students, co-workers, other organizations, and the public.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the College and for client locations, with specific attention given to safety-related rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Customized Training.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree from a nationally accredited institution required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited institution preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Teaching experience in an industrial setting or knowledge of training/course design, adult learning theory, and experience facilitating training courses preferred.
- Must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision but with multiple partners in a team environment and establish credibility and rapport with business clients and College staff.
- Must possess the ability to coordinate and follow through on multiple projects and details.
- Outstanding communication skills (i.e., listening, writing, and oral) and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Manufacturing background preferred.