Perform a variety of housekeeping and housekeeping-related duties to ensure assigned are clean, sanitary, comfortable, and orderly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a high level of customer service and adhere to college policies, procedures, guidelines, and established safety rules and precautions. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with team members and colleagues and contribute positively and constructively to teamwork and achieving established objectives.
- Report any safety hazards and needed repairs including, but not limited to leaking faucets or toilets, loose or damaged flooring or ceiling tiles, and non-functioning light fixtures.
- May assist with housekeeping and housekeeping related duties for special events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities
- Always maintain general housekeeping and cleanliness of all assigned areas.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to designated disposal areas.
- Recycle cardboard as needed.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and showers (if applicable) including but not limited to floors, sinks, mirrors, toilets, fixtures, countertops, doors, and door handles.
- Replenishes toiletries and towels.
- Clean walk-off mats, windows, and glass doors.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs and spot clean floors by sweeping and/or mopping as needed.
- Mop corridors and hallway floors, lobbies, and other areas.
- Clean windows and widow glass.
- Maintain a clean and orderly cleaning supply storage area including inventory.
- Operate various cleaning equipment such as vacuums, polishers, and buffers as per training.
- Information written on dry erase boards and/or chalkboards may need to remain for classroom and other educational purposes and is not to be erased or cleaned unless specifically requested. Other aspects such as tray holders are to be cleaned.
Weekly Duties and Responsibilities (at a minimum)
- Dust railings, furniture surfaces, pictures, bookshelves, windowsills, etc.
- Clean baseboards and spot-clean walls.
- Mop stairs and vacuum carpets.
Yearly Duties and Responsibilities (at a minimum) as Applicable and/or Assigned
- Clean rugs, draperies, and upholstered furniture.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Wash windows.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous professional housekeeping work experience, and experience operating cleaning equipment (e.g., vacuums, buffers, and burnishers) preferred.
- Background check as per the position requirements.