Human Resources Administrator
The Human Resources Administrator will be responsible for general human resources activities for the organization including, but not limited to, SACSCOC compliance, unemployment claims, performance appraisal process and other various projects associated with the department. Reports to the Director-Human Resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer the SACSCOC compliance process including the collecting and verifying of transcripts/credentials, scanning documents, and securing appropriate signatures.
- Administer unemployment claims including, but not limited to, records management, scheduling, and coordinating hearings.
- Complete verbal and written employment verifications, as requested.
- Administers the annual performance appraisal process including the distribution of performance appraisals to supervisors, the distribution of pre-appraisal summaries to employees, and follow-up to ensure timely completion. Serve as the administrator of the performance management system (NeoGov PERFORM).
- Conduct exit interviews and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Assists with conducting references as requested, perform criminal background checks, and administer Department of Homeland Security/Social Security clearance for new hires and rehires.
- Assists with the distribution of initial and annual employment contracts, secondary employment forms, and annual intent letters including preparation, verification, and follow-up to ensure timely completion.
- Serve as back-up for talent acquisition, benefits and leave of absences, and onboarding.
- Coordinate and maintain accurate and organized records in accordance with departmental and regulatory protocol including hardcopy and electronic files (i.e., document imaging) and the disposition of files, as required.
- Assist the Human Resources Department with various event-related activities, serve as back-up to front desk coverage and perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem-solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree from a nationally accredited institution required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited institution preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least two years of professional work experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organization skills and the demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.