Institutional Research CoordinatorGaston College
Gaston College in Dallas, NC is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Institutional Research Coordinator - Institutional Effectiveness
The Institutional Research Coordinator supports institutional efforts to maintain and enhance a data-driven environment by assisting the Director of Institutional Effectiveness. This position plays a key role in promoting a culture of evidence and inquiry and broad-based engagement by providing information and analysis for decision-making and continual improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Synthesize a broad, detailed knowledge of reporting and analytical tools, and keep current with new and emerging technologies and processes.
• Employ appropriate programming (typically SAS, Informer, and Excel) to identify populations and select samples, write queries, extract data, clean data, perform statistical analyses, and render reports through various mediums.
• Investigate and diagnose problematic data areas, verify data integrity, and determine and evaluate options for resolution.
• Collaborate with end users and validate reports for quality assurance.
• Translate reporting requests in order to accurately portray the information needs into usable information for quality and compliance issues.
• Analyze data to enhance understanding of student experiences and effectiveness of student support strategies and interventions.
• Collaborate with College leadership to identify data analysis needs and then assist in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data to meet those needs.
• Educate the campus community on comprehending and effectively using data results.
• Counsel and guide faculty and staff in designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative research.
• Facilitate the administration of surveys and course evaluations.
• Plan, compose, and produce regular institutional reports.
• Support institutional compliance with federal, state, contracted services, grants, and accrediting organizations’ laws, rules, regulations, and requirements.
• Provide statistical expertise in analyses and reporting required for evaluation of student success and institutional initiatives.
• Meet the deadlines of users.
• Perform other duties as assigned that achieve the College mission and initiatives.
• Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field (e.g., computer science, information systems, social science, educational research, statistics, or a closely related field) preferred.
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
Minimum Experience Qualifications:
• At least two years of demonstrated experience in data retrieval and analysis required.
• Experience with database applications and proficiency in MS Office, with strong skills in Excel required.
• Familiarity and experience working with Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague or similar system required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability work in a collegial manner with faculty and staff required.
• Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail required.
• Higher education experience preferred.
• Experience with SQL, SAS or SPSS, and Informer preferred.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the position's duties and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may be assigned, which should not be construed as expanding the position's role, scope, and/or grade.