Membership Coordinator WSGE Radio StationGaston College
Gaston College in Dallas, NC is currently accepting applications for the position of Membership Coordinator WSGE Radio Station.
Work with the Station Manager and in collaboration with the College’s Foundation Office to provide strategic leadership and planning to develop and implement procedures that will successfully seek and increase individual membership gifts for WSGE.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with the Station Manager to develop and implement strategies to retain and encourage new contributions or to increase contributions through membership drives and other activities to meet specific annual financial goals.
• Work with the Foundation Office to ensure the accuracy and security of the membership database and data entry, maintain and provide monthly income and expense reports, provide membership and financial projections on a regular basis, and maintain annual fiscal year membership goals and daily cash receipt logs to track all revenues/income sources for WSGE.
• Run regular reports to evaluate and segment the membership database; coordinate, merge, print, and process relevant correspondence to potential listeners, renewals, lapsed, and prospective members, additional gift requests, and cancelled pledges.
• Research, develop, and maintain strategies (e.g., email, on-line, campaigns, telemarketing, etc.) to improve renewals, upgrade donors, and maintain new members to coincide with WSGE’s financial goals.
• Research, develop, and maintain practices for increasing employer matching gift funds or other fund sources.
• Run regular reports related to membership coordination and provide periodic summaries and reports at established intervals or as requested.
• Solicit member discount and other programs to support the station.
• Train, supervise, and facilitate volunteers to assist with various membership coordination duties such as direct mailings, office duties, and on-air fund drives.
• Process member benefits, fund drive premiums, and provide membership information to the Foundation to assist with sending thank-you letters and other communications related to membership.
• Ensure the accuracy of the membership database so the Foundation Office can coordinate, print, and process end-of-calendar-year tax receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
• Interact with members and other supporters in a cordial, responsive, and professional manner.
• In collaboration with the College Marketing Department, assist in the development and review of marketing or related materials such as posters, newsletters, direct mailers, donor solicitations, pledge forms, and printed brochures.
• Serve as first contact for potential members generated through sourcing efforts and provide superior customer service to donors’ inquiries and requests.
• Represent station at fund-raisers or other College and community events and support the station with special event planning and implementation. •Serve as on-air talent during fund drives and other times as identified by the Station Manager.
• Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing WSGE and Gaston College, including confidentiality in all aspects of the position's responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members, colleagues, and other departments and functions of the College, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and established objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
Minimum Experience Qualifications:
• Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills required.
• Ability to establish rapport and develop long-term relationships and partnerships required.
• Ability to make regular contacts with potential and existing partners required.
• Must be outgoing, assertive, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
• Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of fundraising principles preferred.
• Familiarity with the mission of public broadcasting preferred.
• Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software preferred.
• Experience in event planning, customer service, working with volunteers preferred.
• Two years’ non-profit fundraising experience preferred.
• Must be flexible to adjust to changing work conditions and demands including working various hours and schedules that may include overtime, evenings, and weekends.
• Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
• Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the position's duties and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may be assigned, which should not be construed as expanding the position's role, scope, and/or grade.