On-Air Talent (Disc Jockey)
Gaston College is seeking to fill the position of On-Air Talent (Disc Jockey)
Responsible for serving as on-air talent during specified music shifts. Reports directly to the Station Manager/Program Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow designated show format.
- Review and implement daily music playlist.
- Operate audio board efficiently, including making necessary stop breaks and timely announcements, including underwriting and promotional liners.
- Take music requests and engage with listeners.
- Respond to social media interactions.
- Assist in voicing production copy.
- Assist in training volunteer staff.
- Maintain compliance with FCC regulations at all times, including awareness of prohibited language on-air.
- Assist with live promotional events.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing WSGE and Gaston College, including confidentiality in all aspects of the position's responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of two years of on-air experience required.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills required.
- Experience using iMediatouch Automation system preferred.
- Experience using voice-tracking software preferred
- Basic computer and office equipment skills required.
- Familiarity with the mission of public broadcasting required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing work conditions and demands including working various hours and schedules that may include evenings and weekends.