Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator of the TRiO Education Opportunity Center, this position will provide educational outreach services to traditionally under-represented, low-income, and first-generation students, promoting educational access and post-secondary educational involvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate participant outreach to support the completion of adult high school/high school equivalency, college application, FAFSA completion, financial literacy, and enrollment and monitoring procedures.
- Interact with human service agencies, educational institutions, and educational programs to coordinate services and promote access to post-secondary education.
- Respond to and address admissions-related inquiries via phone calls, email, and community outreach events.
- Conduct sessions to aid participants in completing college applications, FAFSA applications, applications for scholarships, Placement Test Boot Camp, and financial literacy for participants.
- Conduct outreach to guide entry/reentry to High School Equivalency/Adult High School programs for secondary school dropouts.
- Maintain good working relationships with Financial Aid and Admissions Offices at postsecondary institutions.
- Maintain appropriate written and electronic documentation of each project participant for tracking and data collection
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student affairs and administrative responsibilities as appropriate.
- Participate in professional development and College activities such as Admissions procedures and Financial Aid policies.
- Aid participants in determining career goals and identifying academic programs that would enable them to achieve these goals. Provide information as requested to participants on job trends, types of education required for a specific job, where to obtain such training and education, salary information, and employment outlook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited institution in counseling, education, behavioral sciences, or a related field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three years’ experience designing and implementing programs for disadvantaged student
- Experience in admissions, recruiting, and student services at the postsecondary level
- Knowledge of federal compliance regulations for the Department of Education's TRiO Programs.
- Knowledge of admissions and financial aid procedures and processes preferred
- Working experience with high school/adult high schools/HSE populations preferred.