Research Assistant - Academic Affairs
Gaston College is seeking to fill the following position: Research Assistant - Academic Affairs
Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Academic Affairs to monitor and deliver grant sponsored activities to promote quality STEM education and student success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine programs and program information, diagnose trouble areas, and investigate methods to improve efficiency and ensure smoother participant experience in grant sponsored programs.
- Navigate multiple high security administrative functions in AVISO to monitor participant progress in grant sponsored programs.
- Collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data to assist in meeting grant reporting requirements.
- Pull and format project data and perform preliminary analysis for quality/compliance.
- Consult with and guide project personnel on implementation of quality initiatives to support grant objectives. Correspond with other educational agencies regarding admissions and transfer of academic credits.
- Coordinate student support activities including recruitment and application for potential participants. Provide advising, registration, graduation, and student transfer support for current participants.
- Evaluate participant progress for program completion.
- Administer faculty mentoring activities. Collect faculty information, format information in spreadsheets, and perform preliminary analysis of information.
- Assist participants and faculty with research design, implementation, and dissemination of research activities.
- Support and assist with project sponsored activities such as SPARC Professional Development Day and sciVisit.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited institution in biological sciences or related field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience navigating the transfer process from two-year to four-year institutions required.
- Strong customer services skills and attention to detail required.
- Experience with undergraduate research preferred.
- Understanding of data analysis procedures for grant reporting preferred.