Secretary - Career and Technical Education
Gaston College is seeking to fill the following position: Secretary - Career and Technical Education
Perform a variety of administrative support services for the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Division. Assist with registration and student advisement; provide information about divisional programs; serve as a contact person in the divisional office; assist students, faculty members, and visitors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a contact person for students and visitors; answer telephone and relay messages; provide information to students, faculty members, and visitors to the office while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Provide program information through personal contact, telephone, e-mail or mail; revise information and handouts periodically to reflect changes in curriculums (including website).
- Assist with registration by entering student schedules, processing drops/adds and withdrawal/audit information.
- Type and compose correspondence, memorandums, minutes, handouts, flyers, reports, merged mailings, and forms.
- Maintain divisional files and records.
- Collect, submit, and track travel, leave, and reimbursement requests for the division.
- Assist with divisional schedules, arranging room schedules and equipment requests.
- Distribute, collect, and report academic data and administrative reports in accordance with current policies and procedures, including rosters, evaluations, schedule cards, 10% reports, etc.
- Assist with keeping curriculum changes and catalog changes up-to-date.
- Help coordinate transcript evaluations, certificate approval and distribution processes, and division graduation processes according to policy
- Collect and enter information into the NC Works database for curriculum programs.
- Perform other related tasks incidental to the work described herein, including those required to maintain grant compliance, including Perkins, and divisional compliance with external agencies.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem-solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED/HSE plus two years’ clerical experience OR associate degree in office administration, office systems technology, secretarial science, or related field from a nationally accredited institution required.
- Associate degree from a nationally accredited institution preferred.
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Working knowledge of operating standard office equipment and related tools and technology required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment required.
- Demonstrated competencies through internal testing required.
- Experience in an educational environment preferred.